Tuesday, October 18, 2005

On the home front

the glacial pace continues.



But my contractor is a perfectionist and he returns my phone calls. Promptly.



I worship his competence.
(atmospheric dust motes on camera lens)



Windows! We can now see the construction staging area in the back yard!



Our neighbors--who redid their garden last year and were looking forward to enjoying it this summer--have won the Gracious Longsuffering Humanitarian Mature Adult Award.



Poor neighbors. sorry.


Back inside...





I'm whittling away at myself via Weight Watchers, hoping I can wedge my butt into this itsy bitsy bathroom.



In the nascent kitchen looking through the living room, past the 25 year old refrigerator, out the front door.



We're inviting eveyone to a New Year's Day kitchen warming party. Bring your leftovers and a folding chair.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

But where's the contractor????

W

4:55 PM  
Blogger babyjewels said...

Can I sympathize. Oh Yes! I've lived this. We turned a one bedroom, one bathroom small ranch into a colonial. All while living in the basement (with a baby, three cats and a newfoundland)

Love the wide plank flooring and the big terracotta tiles (at least that's what it looks like) Keep us posted with updates. It's exciting.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home